You are invited to complete the online application form and make arrangements to complete an application file for review with the additional documents listed below:
- Official Transcripts (from all colleges and universities previously attended)
- Personal Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Non-refundable Application Processing Fee of $75
Application Documents and Requirements
Contact the Registrar’s Office (s) from all universities with whom you completed any undergraduate and graduate studies, including course work taken as a non-degree student, and request to have official copies sent to Rensselaer’s Troy Campus – see details below. Student printed or uploaded copies of transcripts are not considered. Note for current Rensselaer students and Rensselaer alumni: We will request your Rensselaer transcripts on your behalf.
- If you are currently attending a university, a final transcript must be submitted upon completion of your course work. If you have completed your degree, the award of degree must be noted on the transcript. Transcript keys must accompany all transcripts in order to be considered acceptable.
- Please make arrangements to have the school send your official transcripts directly to Graduate Admissions by email at email@example.com or by postal mail to:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street
Troy, NY 12180-3590
- If transcripts of previous or current study do not include the award of degree, include a certified copy of the diploma or other official evidence that the degree has been awarded.
All international transcripts must be recorded in, or officially translated to, English. Transcripts in the original language must accompany all translated documents. Uncertified translations, or translations by students, will not be accepted.
Do not submit secondary school (high school) exam results or transcripts
Your Personal Statement should address the following questions:
- How does the program you are applying to relate to your specific career aspirations?
- How is this the “right time” for you to pursue graduate study, given your other personal and professional commitments?
- What achievements, from your academic and professional experiences, demonstrate your likelihood of success completing a graduate program?
Your resume should include details about your education, employment, and internship history, as well as any pertinent research experience, awards or designations.
The Graduate Admissions Committee welcomes the submission of GRE scores in support of one’s application to the Education for Working Professionals programs. GRE scores are not required to complete an application for admission consideration.
Rensselaer Code for GRE: 2757
Rensselaer requests two letters of recommendation. You will be asked to enter two recommenders on the online application. Recommendations should be from those who can provide an assessment of your likelihood for success at the graduate level in your field of study. Rensselaer will send an electronic recommendation request to each recommender, who will then be able to submit his/her recommendation electronically.
Credit card payment is available for electronic submissions. If you do not wish to submit payment by credit card, a money order or check drawn on a U.S. bank, payable to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, may be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
110 8th Street
Troy, NY 12180-3590
Include the full name, date of birth, and address of the applicant on money order or check. Do not send cash or stamps.
International Students: Rensselaer’s graduate programs for working professionals are not considered residential programs, and may not satisfy student visa requirements. Rensselaer’s Troy-based graduate programs are more suitable for international students – for more information, see https://admissions.rpi.edu/graduate.
When the application is completed, the Graduate Admissions Committee will review your materials and make an admissions decision. All decisions will be communicated to you officially via email. If your application is accepted for admission, you will be asked to confirm your attendance within 30 days of the acceptance date. If additional information is required in order to complete the application review, you will be informed via email.
We thank you for your interest in Rensselaer at Work.