Non-Degree Application

Some professionals are looking to take a course to improve a specific area of their work or test-drive Rensselaer’s Education for Working Professionals program.

We recommend Markets, Strategy & People, Agile Planning and Execution, Data-Driven Decision Making, and Engineering Project Management as you consider topics that directly apply to your job and include projects that can make a difference in your approach at work.

Completing a Non-Degree Application:

  1. Send a copy of your bachelor's (or highest degree) transcripts to or mail them to:
    • Admissions Building
      Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
      110 8th Street
      Troy, NY 12180-3590
  2. Complete the Graduate Application for Non-Matriculated Study form.
  3. Upon application approval, you will receive an email confirming your course registration.
  4. The Director of Student Support & Success will then contact you with details you will need leading up to the start of class.

Graduate Non-Matriculated Study Requirements:

  • The minimum requirement for admission to a graduate course is the completion of and the award of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree or the U.S. equivalent.
  • Admission to a course as a non-matriculated (non-degree seeking) student is based on the applicant’s related academic and professional qualifications as well as space availability for the specific course(s) requested.
  • Up to 12 credit hours can be applied to a graduate degree program.

Benefits of Non-Matriculated Study:

  • Take just one course in data analytics, project management, or business issues and experience the difference in your job in just four months.
  • Test-drive one Education for Working Professionals course to see how it fits your goals at work and your busy life
  • Network with other like-minded working professionals throughout the U.S. who are leading change and making a difference.
  • Completed non-matriculated coursework with a grade of B or better can be used towards an applicable graduate degree or certificate.
  • Most employer benefits cover payment of non-matriculated coursework.
Back to top