Design your own personal Master of Science in Engineering Science degree from Rensselaer, one that fits your specific career and educational goals.
As a leader, you have aspirations – and for those aspirations to become a reality, you have to address the gaps in your education and experience. With a Rensselaer Master of Science in Engineering Science degree, you will receive precisely the theoretical knowledge and practical application you need to change the world.
After you complete your choice of three certificates, you execute an integrative project that brings together everything you have learned in the individual certificates into a comprehensive whole.
- The program is comprised of your choice of three graduate certificates, plus a final integrative project, that combines elements of all three.
- Apply and enroll in the first certificate of your choice to get started; you can opt in or out of the Engineering Science program at any time before beginning the Integrative Project.
- The integrative project can be drawn from your professional life, and is designed by you; you design the approach, collect and contextualize the data, perform your analysis, and produce actionable results.
- All courses are delivered using Rensselaer’s digital classroom – the RensselaerStudio.
- Degrees are ten courses, and can be completed in two years or less.
- Complete projects that address real-world business challenges.
- Master new abilities and techniques that can be leveraged to elevate your role at work.
- Projects involve the context of your work, helping you to perfect your abilities while simultaneously providing value back to your employer.
- Faculty Practitioners provide industry experience, advice, mentorship, and encouragement.
- Students have the flexibility of completing just one course at a time, a graduate certificate, or stacking three certificates in to this customized master’s degree.
- All courses and certificates are offered for graduate-level credit and require admission to Rensselaer’s graduate programs.
- Programs are designed so that you can fully participate in classes from anywhere in the world.
- Some certificates have admissions requirements and restrictions. Talk to a member of our enrollment management team to learn more.
- The program results in a Master of Science in Engineering Science degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Stack three graduate certificates with an Integrative Project to create your own Master of Science in Engineering Science.
In the integrative project, you will design and execute a project working individually and directly with a faculty mentor. The project can focus on a particular problem or decision from your professional life, but should contain elements of the three certificates you chose in your MS Engineering Science program. You will design the approach, collect relevant information and data, contextualize and evaluate that data, and draw actionable conclusions and recommendations from your results. You are given broad latitude to design a project that you can leverage as you work to achieve your career aspirations. Your faculty mentor will work with you throughout the process to help you shape and guide the work to successful completion.
BUSN 6240: Managing Dynamic Organizations
BUSN 6241: Markets, Strategy and People
BUSN 6242: Evaluating Organizational Performance
BUSN 6250: Agile Planning and Execution
BUSN 6251: Change Agents in Dynamic Organizations
BUSN 6252: Changing and Innovating
ENGR 6200: Data-driven Decision Making
ENGR 6215: Business Intelligence Analysis
ENGR 6216: Modeling Business Decisions
ENGR 6200: Data-driven Decision Making
ENGR 6205: Production & Logistics Analysis
ENGR 6206: Modeling Production Decisions
ENGR 6220: Data Architecture
ENGR 6221: Machine Learning Frameworks
ENGR 6222: Deep Learning in AI Systems
ISYE 6600: Design of Manufacturing Systems and Supply Chains
ISYE 6210: Theory of Production Scheduling
MGMT 6350: Supply Chain Analytics
ENGR 6100: Business Issues for Engineers and Scientists
ISYE 6610: Systems Modeling in Decision Sciences
ISYE 6620: Discrete Event Simulation
ENGR 6230: Lean Six Sigma I
ENGR 6231: Lean Six Sigma II
ISYE 6970: Professional Project