Education for Working Professionals
Graduate Application for Non-Degree Seeking Students
Some professionals are looking to take a course to improve a specific area of their work or test-drive Rensselaer’s Education for Working Professionals program. We recommend Business Issues for Engineers, Data-Driven Decision Making, and Engineering Project Management as you consider topics that directly apply to your job and include projects that can make a difference in your approach at work.
Completing a Non-Degree Application:
- Make arrangements for your official transcripts from the Registrar’s office(s) of all colleges/universities previously attended to be sent via email to or mailed to:
- Admissions Building
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street
Troy, NY 12180-3590
- Admissions Building
- Complete the Graduate Application for Non-Matriculated Study form and email to . Indicate your course of interest in your email and we will fill in the CRN Number details for you under the Program Information section of the form.
- Upon application approval, you will receive an email confirming your course registration.
- The Director of Student Support & Success will then contact you with details you will need leading up to the start of class.
Graduate Non-Matriculated Study Requirements:
- The minimum requirement for admission to a graduate course is the completion of and the award of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree or the U.S. equivalent.
- Admission to a course as a non-matriculated (non-degree seeking) student is based on the applicant’s related academic and professional qualiﬁcations as well as space availability for the speciﬁc course(s) requested.
- Up to 12 credit hours can be applied to a graduate degree program.
Benefits of Non-Matriculated Study:
- Take just one course in data analytics, project management, or business issues and experience the difference in your job in just four months.
- Test-drive one Education for Working Professionals course to see how it fits your goals at work and your busy life
- Network with other like-minded working professionals throughout the U.S. who are leading change and making a difference.
- Completed non-matriculated coursework with a grade of B or better can be used towards an applicable graduate degree or certificate.
- Most employer benefits cover payment of non-matriculated coursework.
If you would like to speak with an Enrollment Representative to learn more about taking coursework as a non-degree seeking student.