When you don't find full text for the article you want ...
When there is no full text or SFX @ RPI will display in the hit list and/or in the record for the article. Click the icon or link to look for a full text version.
If there is still no full text, you will see links to the library catalog, the web, and/or to submit an interlibrary loan request.
Interlibrary Loan Requests
When SFX can't find the article, and you still want a copy:
- Click Request material via Interlibrary Loan Service on SFX screen
- Log into interlibrary loan system (first time users have to register)
- Information for article automatically copies from SFX into Interlibrary loan form
- Submit request -- we will email you when item arrives
SFX@RPI: Your Link to Full Text (2 min. 29 sec)
Contact Cole Library:
Turning on SFX links in...
SFX links are automatic with most databases accessed from the Libraries’ web pages or catalog, but Scirus and Google Scholar have to be configured.
... Google Scholar
On campus, SFX links show automatically in Google Scholar. Remotely, turn on SFX links by:
- Go to Google Scholar.
- Click Scholar Preferences
- Under Library Links, type rensselaer hartford in search box and click Find Library
- Check Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - SFX@ RPI"
- Click on Save Preferences at the bottom of the screen.
If you clear your cookies, or access Google Scholar from a different computer, reset your preferences.
A sci-tech search engine, Scirus searches the whole Web, including sites other search engines don't index.
- Go to Scirus.
- Click Preferences and enable the Library Partner Link for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, like this (be sure to select the Enable button):
- Click “Save preferences”.
If you clear your cookies, or access Scirus from a different computer, reset your preferences.